About Emergent Malt
Emergent Malt was established in 2016. We cater to brewers of any size and love our craft. We are proud to locally source our ingredients and provide the best possible malt in West Michigan.
than just a
What Sets Us Apart | Our Process
We are proud to operate with a wholly unique process. Here are just a few things that make our malt a cut above the rest.
Our barley is treated like the living organism it is. From the moment it arrives we take steps to ensure that its living conditions are as ideal as possible from start to finish.
- Aerated silos to keep grain fresh
- Triple screened grain, ensuring no foreign matter makes it into our finished product
- We use indirect heating in our kilns, meaning that there is no spent fuel in our grain
We care about the environment, and our process reflects that.
- We minimize packaging waste by using refillable shipping containers
- Next to no carbon footprint because of our proprietary drying process
We strive for consistency.
- Our climate controlled facility means that we can operate 48 weeks out of the year, with the same quality year round.
- No downtime means freshly malted grains too, meaning you will always get the freshest product possible.
Emergent was founded in 2016 by the father and son duo of Ross and Kevin Slagh.
We are proud to partner with these farms:
- West Farms – Croswell MI
- HopRidge Farms – Sparta MI
- Kantola Farm – Ravenna MI
- Schramski Farms – Kindle MI
Meet the maltser | Kevin
“I’m Kevin Slagh and I am the head maltster here at Emergent. I graduated from Davenport University with a businesses management degree. While taking classes and living in beer city USA, Grand Rapids, I became enamored with the craft brewing industry. As I quickly realized this was an industry I needed to take part in I enrolled myself in classes at NDSU and Hartwhick College to learn more about cereal grains and malting. Growing up in an agricultural background I have the keen insight on producing an excellent product with only the best Michigan grown grains. Making the best with the best #puremichigan”
– Kevin Slagh | Head Maltser at Emergent Malt
Contact Emergent Malt
Discover how you can partner with Emergent Malt. Drop us a line to connect about using Emergent Malt for your next brew or setting up a visit to our facilities.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us – 616 820 9319
Schedule a Tour
Of Emergent Malt
3379 80th Ave.
Zeeland, MI 49464
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9am – 5pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY